Monday

A Muse from Philly

I blogged last October about roaming around Old City, Philadelphia where I had an encounter with a buxom lady hollering if anyone wanted some "sweet black ass", ate delicious gelato in a place offering lots of exotic flavors, and also read from my work at a noisy pub with a bunch of writers as part of Philly's 215Festival. It was there I met Janet Mason and we had drinks before the reading and exchanged books, etc.

It turns out she's also a reviewer and I received a wonderful surprise in my inbox this weekend. She'd read my book recently and wrote to let me know she's posted her thoughts on A Son Called Gabriel and has featured me on a muse:janet mason--her author and lit-zine site which features new authors every month as well as writings on mother daughter themes, reviews on lgbt and other books, audio clips, poetry, etc.

I'm doubly excited to be informed she liked the novel well enough to air in the future her commentary on the international lgbt radio show This Way Out which is syndicated throughout the United States, Canada and the rest of the world.

[technorati: , , , , ,,

1 comment:

Poetslife said...

I'm a muse from Philly. Born and raised there. Here is Eamon's Poem for St. Pat's Day.

http://poetslife.blogspot.com/2006/03/irish-blogs-awards-and-brigades.html

My brother, Robert Patrick Curley, is a labor lawyer at O'Donoghue and O'Donoghue. I'm going to ask him if he knows you.